Wednesday, October 30, 2013

All Hallows Eve















I will be finishing up on this Halloween painting in the next couple days!  I can't think of a better thing to do this time of year.  I don't like Halloween masks because of my ritualistic abuse history.  Really, there is nothing about Halloween that appeals to me anymore.  It is just another bastardized holiday as far as I am concerned.
It is unlikely that the first day that I started this painting, that I knew the old schoolhouse would be included.  I was going through old photos, and old sketchbooks and I happened upon the old schoolhouse.  It was a pretty scarey place to live, when I think back on it now!  I was lucky to come out of that rental situation in one piece.
My intentions were good though.  I treated the building and the land with respect, and my fondness for the old schoolhouse has not changed.  Just my opinion of so called "Christians".  I won't ever trust them again!

No comments: