Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Final Formation
















The metal quilt is almost finished.  I selected these 24 squares from the 35 I completed.  I kept all the advertising and the ones I deselected will go into the next quilt.  I shattered the Plexiglas on the first rivet, and have had to scrounge around the cut off bins in town to find just the right replacement.  I had to borrow a hand drill and wait till I got my check to pick up the weatherization nails.  I have used the down time wisely though as I have several projects to finish this month, as well as beginning the next quilt.  My friend Tom C. gave me 4 seasons of True Blood to distract me for the last couple days of no money that is typical of every month.  What a great HBO series!  Thanks Tom.  It was like taking a vacation with all the comforts of home.

No comments: