Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Let Us Turn Our Attention To Albert Pike

















 I am opposed to anyone taking down any sculptures created backwards and forwards in time.  Robert E Lee had no slaves.  He was not in the civil war in order to promote slavery.  It was complicated.  As an artist, I hate it when historic art comes down.  I have always promoted art....and I hate it when someone tries to subvert it.  If you don't believe me....look up the Van Gogh mural in Columbus.  I opposed it in the media at the time.  I lost.  It is a matter of history that my opinion did not count.   I do not support the taking down of confederate statues  But, if I were to be on the other side of this, I would demand the taking down of Albert Pikes memorial and burial in Washington DC.  He totally made a timeline for 3 world wars....and all of them have come into play.  Do I hate him...yes.  He was part of designing this.  Do I want his statue to be taken down....NO.  I want us always to remember our history.  I want our library's, our art gallery's, and statues to remain in tact.   Robert E Lee had no slaves.  I suggest that he might have had a very different reason to fight for Virginia and the South.  
On the the other hand Albert Pike might just have been someone about dividing our country....He certainly laid out the plans.  I don't see the left out at his monument in Washington DC....he is actually buried there.   You want to take down a statue and defecate on a grave....start there.  I assure you, you won't be able to have a rally, piss on his grave, or do anything else around that....Why....You tell me.  Go after that statue and grave MoFos.


 

No comments: