Saturday, September 13, 2014

Old School
















 It is hard to imagine that I lived in this old schoolhouse in 1989, but I did.  It is still standing as of today.  My friend Louise and I made a trip out there today.  I wanted to see if there was anything missing from the painting that I could use to finish up.  Very sad to see the place in such disrepair.  If you want to visit the old schoolhouse sometime here is the google address.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4569+Pleasant+Valley+Church+Rd,+Zanesville,+OH+43701/@40.0098264,-82.1319994,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x8837f48375288f27:0x5315708f9f7dc0a8

As you can see my painting is like it, but as the building deteriorates, nature is devouring it.  Louise found some of my writing to my "landlords" who are now buried in the cemetery across the road.















Also, on the inside of the front door my art.




















This was art I made with a purpose.  If a person were standing outside that door, the heart of that person would have been approximately parallel.  Inside the heart is a target.  I can only imagine that my 38 colt would have not only hit the target, but also the person standing on the other side of that door.  I wasn't scared, just prepared!










The drawing I made in 1989 and the painting I am working on now inspired me to return to the old school.










I am reminded that nature bats last!

No comments: