Monday, September 22, 2014

Blank Canvas Today
















A blank canvas was added to the collection today as I have an idea that I would love to see in paint.  At the same time, I don't want to neglect the canvas's already started.  I hate to waste paint, so I always work with many canvas's at once until one of them reaches out and grabs me to be finished...as the schoolhouse painting called.  
I took out a pesky tree in EIEIO, and added color to my Polk plant in 3 Sisters Dancing In The Pale Moonlight.  The pesky tree interfered with my barn, and the Polk plant needs some prominence.















Pesky tree almost gone.
















And now, we are starting to see the Polk Weed come out of the plant kingdom (Ohio).  This is how I work.  A series of paintings with an inkling of an idea, then additions, subtractions.  It can take years to finish a painting, but in weeks paintings sprouting seemingly out of thin air. It all depends on the amount and quality of my art supplies.  Right now, jewelry is being neglected as I need supplies.  My barb wire American Dream catcher is on hold till I can purchase 30 feet of thin cable.  I work with what I have and am damn grateful to be able to do that.  If I lived how "the system" would have me live....there would be no art supplies, no cat, and no car.  I am grateful, and more than that hopeful for a commission, a sale, an in kind donation.  I won't hold my breath.  I will just keep on keepin on....until the next thing happens.

No comments: