Friday, September 19, 2014

Home At Last
















The Quilt Of Elizabeth Brim has reached its final destination.  I finished the metal quilt in 2012, and it toured Ohio 2013.  Last Saturday the buyer came all the way down from Michigan to retrieve it, and take it home.  It is very satisfying to finish a work of art, sell it, then see it hung in a home.  Most of the art I create is with my own walls and home in mind.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford to have art in my house.  It has been the same with my jewelry.  If it were not for commissions and sales, I would have a very hard time surviving.

It was my hope to make the metal quilt on a door, but the right door did not present itself to me while I was doing the project.  Putting art on doors as it turns out has always been present in my mind.



















Can you imagine quilt panels on all five panels of this old door?  No telling what art I might have been able to produce had the "swindlers" of the good church not stopped me.  Indeed, it was a door exactly like this one that I had in mind for the quilt project. 

No comments: