Monday, June 30, 2014

Gateway Monitor












Sometime during the night my monitor stopped working and I could not get it to come back on.  Lucky for me, I had art class today and enough money to replace it.  I purchased a monitor from Goodwill which employs handicap people to repair and test these items before they sell them.  I have no idea what a brand new monitor would have cost me.  I am happy to have been able to replace this item and get back to posting and blogging within an hour of being paid for art class.  Hopefully, dear readership, you would consider replacing your defective or broken equipment through Goodwill before going out and buying bran new.  We save these items from the landfill by purchasing items repaired and inspected by the handicapped.  I am not ashamed of being handicapped.  It wasn't my fault.  It still is not my fault.  No matter what people do to diminish the handicapped or the disabled, you must admit there is a place for us in this rapidly disposable world....whether it be someone repairing a monitor, or someone teaching art.  We are not lost causes!

No comments: