Monday, January 6, 2014

Back To The Drawing Board














I am happy to report that my friend Brian loved his knife.  I finally pulled out my meteorite knife and placed them side by side in order to compare them.  As you can see, they are similar, and they are also very different.  Unfortunately, Brian's knife is completed and gone before I can get a professional picture that I can use for grant writing and such.   I will be trying to complete the little white handled boot dagger, and the skinner knife that is on the anvil in this picture.  Those two should go pretty quick.  The only thing I lack is a pair of safety glasses.  I won't risk losing my one eye as I did with Brians knife.  I will only say, I was very aware and very careful to look away when drilling and grinding with power equipment.  Still though, I was taking a risk, and I won't be doing it again....no matter how much I want to be making knives.

No comments: