Thursday, December 12, 2013

Visit From The Local Blacksmith















On Monday Robert Huelet visited my studio and showed me a couple of his forged knives.  Robert is our local Blacksmith.  He specializes in what is known as damascas steel which is taking wire and bending it over several hundred times until it fuzes and becomes a solid piece of steel.  I have known him since college and he attended my reception.  My picture does not do justice to this mans talent and his knives.  I was fortunate to be able to talk with him about all the knives on my bench, and I will be taking his advise and talking with him in the future.  I may even be visiting his shop one of these days (after the holidays) and trying my hand out on forging a blade.  I am thinking....peace pipe tomahawk....what do ya think dear readers?

No comments: