Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Last Minute Changes














It was disappointing to tell Brian that I have little or no experience setting faceted gemstones in August when we were designing his knife.  A few days ago I called him up and asked him if he might be interested in turquoise spacers between the blade guard and the handle, and then repeated before the butt end of the knife.  He was thrilled of course...almost as much as I am to be able to compensate for not knowing the process of embedding his tourmaline faceted stones.  We are at the point of no return, so I began cutting the spacers this morning.  These spacers are stabilized turquoise, so they are going to strengthen the overall knife handle, while also providing an attractive stripe next to the brass parts.  It is more work, but worth the effort.  I need the spacers in place before drilling my rivet holes, so this has to be done ASAP, and it has to be done next.

No comments: