Monday, December 9, 2013

Another Approach















I waited for a day to approach Brian's knife after splitting the walnut knife scales on Friday.  Saturday, I took a chisel to it and disassembled it.  Today, I am beginning the handle with a different approach.  There is no time to deliberate what went wrong.  It could be so many things.  What is apparent to me at this point is that the knife scales that I purchased off eBay were too thin to handle my cutler's rivets, so I will start with a piece of walnut that is twice as thick, and hollow out the inside by drilling from the top.  This will be tricky as I won't know exactly where my metal rivet holes are, and there is no wiggle room.  Christmas is just around the corner, and I need to get this project done, and my other Christmas projects started.

No comments: