Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nikon Coolpix 5200 Camera Product Review


Blogroll Me!
Recently, a friend gave me a digital camera that I use quite a bit for my daily blog. The only obvious flaw with this camera is a defective battery cover. I found out two things about this camera and battery cover. The first thing I discovered is that there seems to be an overabundance of these cameras with defective battery doors for sale right now on eBay. The second thing I have found by seeking out product reviews is there apparently is replacement covers and directions to fix them.
Here are the step by step directions from San Diego Camera who also sell the replacement battery door.

CHANGING THE BATTERY DOOR ON A
NIKON COOLPIX 4200 5200 5900 7900


This is a very easy process. All you need is something flat to pry with, like a small screwdriver or a knife blade.

Remove whatever it is you are currently using to hold the battery door closed and open the door. Slide the plastic part out until it stops. On the underside of the door is that metal plate. The plastic part is prevented from sliding all the way off of the metal plate by two plastic stopper nubs that the two outside clips run into. Keep pressure on the metal plate against those nubs while you pry up the two clips so they slip over the nubs. The plastic part slides right off. You have to do the same to the new door so all you are left with is the plastic part, which slides right on to the metal plate. The leftover parts are yours to do with as you please.

I have to wonder why there has not been an official recall from Nikon, a company I respected and was a loyal customer when their cameras were made in Japan. I will have to get back to you on the overall performance on the camera. I have to admit that the defective battery compartment takes away from the overall photographic experience.

No comments: