Monday, October 19, 2015

Painting A Drum Head





















There was left over black paint yesterday, from the acrylic painting Syd's World.  It occurred to me that I needed to clean up the Hopewell design on my drum head, as I am going to try to sell it this winter.  Occasionally, I get a request to design and paint a drum head for someone, so I am always kicking around ideas for designs in the round, as most drum heads are round.  I am getting a late start today, as I worked from sun up, till after sun down yesterday.  The light in my work area is poor, so I have to take advantage of sunlight.  I expect to finish both the painting plus both sides of the drum by this coming Saturday.















  
Syd's World is almost finished.  I have a couple surprises up my sleeve, so stay tuned.
 

No comments: