Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pray For Rain
















I spent the morning installing my rain barrel.  Now all I need is a 15 minute downpour, and I will be ready to water my garden.  Up until now, I have been filling juice jugs at the faucet, and carrying water 1/2 gallon at a time.  It has been labor intensive, and it has hiked my water bill besides.  I can now catch the rain which is free.  My plants were free, the dirt was free, and my crop will be very economical.    Several years ago, my partner and I started a web site called got rain?.  I notice, that site gets several hundred hits through Facebook each month.  Please visit my site, and give it a thumbs up if you have the time.  Some states have made it illegal to catch the rain water.  Thankfully, in our county, the local extension office offers workshops for $55, to show folks how to make a rain barrel.  Hopefully, if it is legal for the extension office to do it, then it is legal for me to do it.  Keep your fingers crossed for me dearest readers.  I do put a cap of bleach in the barrel to kill mosquito larva.

No comments: