Monday, February 15, 2010

Home Made Drum Sticks


Blogroll Me!
I am sure having fun making things this winter in my wood shop. These are a pair of drum sticks for a Djun drum for a friend of mine who lost her sticks at First Night. Two years ago we took a Taiko drum workshop at Capital University and these giant sized drum sticks were a requirement. I remember paying about $17 for a pair from Columbus Percussion. They were imported of course. These took me a few minutes and cost me less than $3. It is hard for me to sustain the myth that it is cheaper to outsource our everyday items to other countries. It is also much harder for me to wait for my country to start doing the right thing and start making things here again. Me making my own tools and building a woodworking shop is just the next, best, first, right thing to do.

No comments: