Thursday, November 15, 2018

Syd Wants To Pose For The Painting




















Painting is difficult today as Syd wants to roost on my supplies.  I don't have the heart to drive him off.  He is my buddy and perhaps I need to concentrate on writing my next grant this afternoon.  I started adding drummers to my painting this morning because I miss drumming, and it occurs to me that the totem pole at 140 Everet Ave. would be a perfect spot for a Pow Wow.  The location is pretty much an ugly parking lot, but potentially could be transformed some weekend (in the future) into a Pow Wow.  I know I would go.  I also know I would rather paint my fantasy, even if it doesn't ever happen, than to paint the ugly cell phone tower and parking lot that dominates practically every landscape of our society these days.  I put this idea out there freely for the movers and the shakers who can make such events happen.  You could make a lot of money.  Build it, and they will come. I went to the totem pole for its re-dedication ceremony...hundreds of people came even though it was pouring down rain!

No comments: