Saturday, April 9, 2016

La Paloma Downtown Newark


















One of Newark Ohio's great landmark restaurants that I haven't been able to get to because of construction, is La Paloma.  It is a great family owned and family friendly place to eat.  The next time my buddy's come to town for lunch, I am going to suggest we eat there.  It is clear to me that The Sparta will survive the construction, due to its present non profit status.  Both restaurants rely on court traffic, court workers.  The advantage that the Sparta has is a breakfast menu, and variety.  You can't beat La Paloma for Tex Mex food, and I give it a 5 star review.   Hopefully, they won't ruin our downtown with chain restaurants and stores.  Hopefully, the new renovations will not hike up the prices too far.  We had a thriving downtown square.  Most of the folks I have talked to are bewildered that the construction is putting some old businesses out of business.  It wasn't broken, and didn't need to be fixed.  I have been to cities that have a dead downtown, and could use a 4 million dollar facelift.  Downtown Newark was not one of those cities.         

No comments: