Monday, September 7, 2015

Perryton Visit
















A few days ago, I revisited Perryton, the little town where I grew up.  I was looking for a massive oak tree that used to be in the middle of this field for a painting I am working on.  Of course it was gone.  I was able to track down an old family acquaintance that filled me in on the status of the house I grew up in.  The property has been abandoned.  The story pretty scandalous, that I am sure more will be revealed.















The house and out buildings are in pretty bad shape, and I found myself unable to get out of the car and do any exploring.  I felt like I had been sucker punched and could not walk upright.  These buildings were the garage, which was possibly a carriage shop prior to the days of the automobile...and my father, and great grandfathers workshop.  So sad to see the deterioration in just the couple years I had visited last.

No comments: