Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Cheatin Heart
















I have to see how small I can go on these hearts.  It made sense in the beginning to find a similar size piece of scrap copper to practice on before jumping into the silver spoons.  Today, I started whittling away at my "cheating" heart.  My cheat piece.  Much of this project has started on the anvil.  So far, I haven't had to fire up the torch.  I need a warm day for annealing and soldering these.















Syd is ever at the ready to resume his modeling post.  I am working on frames this week, so I can put all those tools away for awhile and make room for the next task.  Space is limited in my apartment, light is low in all the rooms except the studio.  I have toyed with the idea of moving painting into the studio, but that would require an excavation of heavy equipment and tools.  I will be coming to Columbus sometime this week, so I am packing the truck and a bug out bag for that trip.

No comments: