Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sugar Bear Ecology Club


Blogroll Me!
Back in the day when I was a youngster, I became a member of The Sugar Bear Ecology Club. I believe we had to send in a self addressed envelope to activate membership, receive our certificate and membership card. This was promoted on the back of a cereal box.

Everyone is acting as if global warming, population explosion, the extinction of species, and the ravaging of our planet are new phenomenon. But I remember sending in for my Ecology Club Kit in the early 70's. I was deeply concerned about our planet even then. It was a main topic in our science classes.

Some 40 years later I still hold my membership card. And even though the economy of growth has outweighed any concerns about our environment...some of us still uphold "the code". Perhaps when we run out of clean water we will understand that our earth is precious and finite. Membership dues are forthcoming!

No comments: