Monday, March 31, 2008

Empty Bowls Project

Here are seven bowls that I made at The Cultural Arts Center downtown Columbus. These came up missing for weeks, and were apparently taken off the shelves before their final firing. No explanation was ever given for my bowls not being included. I found them in a box near the shelves where I had placed them. I suspect it may have had to do with my makers mark being on the pots instead of a signature and date. I had payed for the class for 5 years and I was very disappointed when they came up missing.
I found another rec center and finished them just in time to donate them to The Empty Bowls Project. Sometimes it takes near tragic circumstances in order to move and grow. I moved my nearly completed bowls to The Martin Janis Center where they were nearly fired overnight. I am happy with the change. The class costs half as much. I don't have to pay for parking. No one at the new center will remove my bowls from the firing shelf!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I like the windings font but can everyone read them???

Suzie

Anonymous said...

I sure hope so. I tried to change this font this morning but it wouldn't let me.

Anonymous said...

Ah if not maybe they will read the comments and copy the windings and paste them to a word document and chand the fonts to make them readable.

Suzie