Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Into Surrealism














After walking past this painting for several weeks, I could not resist adding just one more thing.  What was just a folk art painting...descended into surrealism when I brought Syd's tail off the canvas, into the bigger canvas.  I looked up Surrealism on Wikipedia and landed upon this phrase.  The aim was to "resolve the previously contradictory conditions of dream and reality".   I regret that I can not submit this painting into the upcoming VSA show.  It is far too large for the perimeters of acceptance.  This is just a modification of what I thought was finished.  I couldn't offer prints to interested parties until I made this modification.  I hope it is subtle...and I hope they talk about my paintings before, rather than after I die:)

No comments: