Saturday, September 2, 2017

One Kind Favor














I have a neighbor named Joel who owns a hearse,  I have watched him restore it.  It occurs to me that I need a tune up, brakes and such.  Anyway, What a great car, and what a great man...and his wife.  They are my neighbors.  Joel is also a musician, at one time a band director.  I asked him to do a tune up on my truck in exchange for a painting I did of his house.  He is doing that tonight, and I get to have his hearse out in front of my house.  It reminds me of Mark Milligan and Kathy Littlejohn.  Can you imagine?  This hearse weighs 6000 pounds!  It was not for transporting the body, but the family to the funeral, back in the day.  Kinda reminds me of the J. F. Kennedy car...What great neighbors I have.  It reminds me of a song I learned when I was just a sprout.
.

No comments: