Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The End Of The Information Age


Blogroll Me!

I follow a weekly blog by John Michael Greer, author of The Long Decent. His most recent blog was about the Future of Information Age. He was pointing at how we are making mistakes based on an improbable future of the information highway. His post reminded me of my sisters recent catastrophe. She called me a few days ago. She had burnt out her water pump. So she had no water except from a rain barrel until that water pump was fixed. Even with a new pump she will not have water if the power goes out. then if the power goes out! Virtually everything we have in our lives is reliant on power. We take it for granted until we lose it. My sister is ready to add another rain barrel. We are both going to learn how to filter the water making it safe to drink (most roofs have unsafe ingredients). I have very little faith that our current power grid will always be there as it is totally dependent on cheap abundant energy. Get your rain barrel in place before the power grid goes down. Buy local Got Rain?

No comments: