Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finishing Up
















One of my friends from Washington Court House visited me yesterday and helped me take some pictures of my latest art projects to submit with my grant materials.  That is the only thing holding me back from submitting grant proposals.  Unfortunately, my court case hangs in my immediate future and I don't want to lose sight of that.  I am one of the few people I know that does not believe that multi-tasking is a good thing.  This is a great photo in a lot of respects.  However, I will not be able to use it to submit with my grant materials as the detail of the Thunderbird on the bracelet mandrel is washed out (the subject of the photo).  This is my fault as I was not prepared to take pictures of my work yesterday in addition to preparing my court case.  In essence, I was not able to multi-task.  Thankfully, I have more than a couple friends with good cameras and I will be able to re-shoot photos for my grant submissions.  Taking the time to set up good photos will pay off in the long run as grant proposals without great pictures would not glean me the results I am trying to obtain.  In fact some artist's actually write grants to fund photography of their work.  In the future, I will be looking for just that perfect photographer to help with that.  Jewelry is a hard sale as most people have to touch it and handle it before they buy it.  I know I do.  So the photographs that I am trying to imagine will have to have a quality about them that causes the desire of the person viewing the photos to want to reach in through the photo and pick up the bracelet, or the ring, or the pendant!  That is a photographic quality that is magical.  I will be back tomorrow dear readership to finish up loose ends and share more of my magical journey.

No comments: