Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Display Case














After getting some momentum going last weekend, I started putting together my display for Flint Ridge Gift Shop.  So far this is all I have.  Only one ring, and only one coin button seems skimpy to me.  I will spend the rest of the week trying to flesh this out a little bit and add a few more coin buttons and possibly a key chain or two.  I don't like making rings when I don't know the size someone might want.  It is a potential waste of metal.  The feathers will be sold individually as will the beaded necklaces...unless someone wants all the feathers.  I figure if someone buys all the feathers the least I could do would be throw in a beaded necklace as a bonus.  I have not decided about how to sell the coin buttons yet.  Maybe I will have a set of six and some individual ones for sale as well.  The coin buttons are made from discontinued dimes which are about 98% pure silver.  I used to melt them down for casting until I saw how beautiful they are as silver buttons.  I still have not figured out how to price these for consignment (shop gets 20-40%).  It is still more economical for me to just sell right off my neck as most people have to touch a piece of jewelry before they decide to buy it.  I have found that putting a piece of glass in between me and a prospective buyer usually results in a no sale.  I am willing to try consignment for a few months if I can get enough inventory so that I can continue selling off my neck as that is how I have been making ends meet.

No comments: