Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Perryton Ohio Facebook Page














There is now a Perryton Ohio Facebook page.  I believe it will help kick start my book about Perryton.  I wouldn't dream of writing such a book without good pictures.  Here is an old stone chimney not far from the sleepy little town.  Perhaps in my travels and research I will find the story behind that stone chimney.  I have already used it in one of my paintings.









This is a photo of that upcoming painting.  The stone chimney is now painted beneath the McDonalds sign.  You can probably see where I am going with this.  The old farm all but vanished, and new advertising spattering the skyline.  I call this painting EIEIO from the refrain of the old song Old McDonald Had A Farm.  I am hoping to get back to that painting this month if I can secure some more acrylic paint. The idea for this painting was inspired by James Howard Kunster and his book The Geography Of Nowhere.

No comments: