Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blue Thanksgiving


Blogroll Me!

I am thankful for
1. my freedom.

2. The roof over my head
3. The food on my table
4. My cat
5. My truck
6. Linden Metalsmithing Guild
7. My health
8. My Grandmother
9. My abilities
10. Second Sight


I don't always remember how constructive making a gratitude list is. The exercise is worthy though. It can get me unstuck. I realize I don't always get what I want when I want it. This year I am sad to be separate from my loved ones. But I am getting stronger and healthier every day. My feet are healing. I am beginning to see how I have been spared once again from a life direction that I would not have been able to abide. For those of you who know me well, you know I can't stand being in the company of thieves. Had I stayed where I was, I would have been consumed and confined with thieves. My higher power has once again spared me from that kind of life. I didn't see it when I first started moving out this summer. There are things I didn't see for the whole 6 years I spent on Deming Avenue. But I am finding out things now that make it clear that hoarding was the very tip of the iceberg. I am grateful that I have enough stuff that I don't have to steal in order to get more. I am grateful that the "stuff" I am made of isn't material.

No comments: