Sunday, August 31, 2008
These Masonic Bookends are a great find. They are Cast Bronze and a antique Freemason relic over 50 years old. They have one bid right now. But the auction doesn't end for 9 more days! Check them out by clicking on my username below.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I am bloggong from a farm in Circleville this week. I feel "almost" over prepared. I brought my multi tool with me. It is a Leatherman (kick). Hopefully I won't need to use it.
I can not recommend all multi tools. The Leatherman Kick is made here in America and has a lifetime warranty. I am sure that there are comparable multi tools out there, but they are probably throwaway tools with no warranty.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Blue Owl on LATOC forum posted this excellent link. Please watch this video. It's easily the greatest Bill Moyers Journal I've seen. Ever. And with a multi-decade track record of the best journalism left in America this says a lot. I got goosebumps watching this show. Honestly. It's intense and profound. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/08152008/watch.html It's an interview/conversation with this former west point grad, solider and current professor: "Bacevich speaks truth to power, no matter who's in power, which may be why those of both the left and right listen to him. Perhaps it's also because when he challenges American myths and illusions, he does so from a patriotism forged in the fire of experience as a soldier in Vietnam. After 23 years in the Army, the West Point graduate retired as a colonel and has been teaching international relations and history at Boston University. Bacevich has published several acclaimed books, including this one, THE NEW AMERICAN MILITARISM. His latest, published this week, is THE LIMITS OF POWER: THE END OF AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
The new policy changes to go into effect this fall will undoubtedly be the death knoll for eBay. Here is what the new policy states:
Seller Update: Overview
We're taking steps to give sellers the most dynamic marketplace on the Internet with reduced upfront cost and more sales through great exposure for your listings and a more consistent buyer experience.
- Reduced upfront fees for Fixed Price: List multi-quantity items up to 30 days for one low fee
We're dramatically reducing the upfront cost to list an item at fixed price on eBay.
- 35¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fee
- Regardless of item price or quantity
- New 30-day option included
- 15¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees for Books, Movies & DVDs, Music, and Video Games; 5¢ holiday special for some listings
- FREE Insertion Fees for your first four vehicle listings
- Lower Final Value Fees in certain electronics categories
- Auction-style still the best deal on eBay—no change in basic fees
- 35¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fee
- A more consistent buyer experience to drive more sales
Sellers will enjoy the benefit of millions of confident buyers as we make the following changes:
- Limits on shipping and handling charges in some categories
- Rewards for free shipping:
- Free subtitle; more search exposure
- Double PowerSeller discounts
- Checks and money orders no longer allowed
- More relevant search results to drive more sales
We're optimizing Best Match to surface the inventory most relevant to each buyer and show the best of Auction-style and Fixed Price.
Checks and Money Orders No longer allowed!
This means only Paypal or Merchant account will be allowed.
They have become a bank in and of themselves. Remember they don't have a product...they are just a venue. A seller no longer has any say in the form of money he will except for HIS widget. It is arrogant and pathetic. I for one won't be selling anything (on greedbay) when this policy takes effect.
Oh Yeah...I won't be buying anything either:)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Have you ever wondered where they are planning on stashing you when shit hits the fan and we have a break down of society? There are over 800 detention camps here in the US.
Wikipedia: "Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a plan by the United States federal government to test their ability to detain large numbers of American citizens in case of massive civil unrest or national emergency. Exercises similar to Rex 84 happen periodically. Plans for roundups of persons in the United States in times of crisis are constructed during periods of increased political repression such as the Palmer Raids and the McCarthy Era. For example, from 1967 to 1971 the FBI kept a list of persons to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list. According to scholar Diana Reynolds: The Rex-84 Alpha Explan (Readiness Exercise 1984, Exercise Plan), [otherwise known as a continuity of government plan], indicates that FEMA in association with 34 other federal civil departments and agencies conducted a civil readiness exercise during April 5-13, 1984. It was conducted in coordination and simultaneously with a Joint Chiefs exercise, Night Train 84, a worldwide military command post exercise (including Continental U.S. Forces or CONUS) based on multi-emergency scenarios operating both abroad and at home. In the combined exercise, Rex-84 Bravo, FEMA and DOD led the otherfederal agency movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels, the arrest of certain unidentified segments of the population, and the imposition of martial rule. Existence of a master military contingency plan, "Garden Plot" and a similar earlier exercise, "Lantern Spike" were originally revealed by alternative journalist Ron Ridenhour, who summarized his findings in "Garden Plot and the New Action Army." Rex 84 was mentioned during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987, and subsequently reported on by the Miami Herald on July 5th, 1987. A number of websites and alternative publications that span the political spectrum have hypothesized upon the basic material about Rex 84, and in many cases hyperbolized it into a form of urban legend or conspiracy theory. Nonetheless, the basic facts about Rex 84 and other contingency planning readiness exercises--and the potential threat they pose to civil liberties if fully implemented in a real operation--are taken seriously by scholars and civil liberties activists."
- WMR March 20, 2008 -- Bush's secretive pal's airline connections to torture flight network ... The CIA's current network of CIA torture flight airlines and companies has its roots in the shadowy past network created by the CIA under George H, W. Bush's tutelage to secretly arm Iran's mullahs, support the Nicaraguan contras, and fly cocaine from Colombia to the United States during the 1980s. ... In the 1980s, much of the CIA's secret airline business centered around James R. Bath, George W. Bush's Texas Air National Guard friend who later represented the interests of the Bin Laden family in the United States. ... Bath's core airline in the CIA proprietary airline business was Skyways Aircraft Leasing, which was originally registered in 1980 in the Cayman Islands as Cotopax Investments. Skyways was linked to another Cayman firm, IC Inc., that was linked to Oliver North's illegal support network for the Nicaraguan contras code-named the "Enterprise." full story
- McClatchy Torture, 'War Council' ... "The framework under which detainees were imprisoned for years without charges at Guantanamo and in many cases abused in Afghanistan wasn't the product of American military policy or the fault of a few rogue soldiers. ... It was largely the work of five White House, Pentagon and Justice Department lawyers who, following the orders of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, reinterpreted or tossed out the U.S. and international laws that govern the treatment of prisoners in wartime, according to former U.S. defense and Bush administration officials. ... The Supreme Court now has struck down many of their legal interpretations. It ruled last Thursday (Jun 08) that preventing detainees from challenging their detention in federal courts was unconstitutional. ... The quintet of lawyers, who called themselves the “War Council," drafted legal opinions that circumvented the military's code of justice, the federal court system and America's international treaties in order to prevent anyone — from soldiers on the ground to the president — from being held accountable for activities that at other times have been considered war crimes." and search terms: Carl Levin, investigating origin of harsh interrogation techniques, not a 'few bad apples', twisted law, international conventions, secret meetings, memorandums not public, Judge Advocate General, War Council members: David Addington, Alberto Gonzales, John Yoo, Timothy E. Flanigan, William J. Haynes II, .... "Treaties that were relevant to U. S. criminal code were not relevant. That was the trick", circumvent the law, Geneva Conventions, Common Article Three forbidding humiliating and degrading treatment and torture didn't cover al Quida or Taliban, Military Commissions Act, Uniform Code of Military Justice, kangaroo court, JAG, Office of Legal Council, outside the courts, Navy warships, Yoo wanted Indian wars laws, due process is mumbo jumbo, presumed guilty if caught as a 'terrorist',
Monday, August 18, 2008
When I visit my sister I always look for certain landmarks such as this windmill.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
The "scientific method" is the ONLY way yet discovered for discovering truth amid a world of lies and delusion. The simple version looks something like this:
a. Observe some aspect of the universe.
b. Invent a theory that is consistent with what you have observed.
c. Use the theory to make predictions.
d. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations.
e. Modify the theory in the light of your results.
A fundamentally inverted world view: the economist sees the environment as a subsystem of the economy, rather than the other way around. In other words, economists are trained to believe that natural resources come from "markets" rather than the "environment". The historical analogy is Johann Kepler and Tycho Brahe watching the dawn together. Kepler sees the sun come into view as the earth turns; Brahe sees the sun begin its daily journey around a static earth.
The sudden -- and surprising -- end of the fossil fuel age will stun everyone -- and kill billions. Once the truth is told about gas and oil (it's just a matter of time), your life will change forever
Envision a world where freezing, starving people burn everything combustible -- everything from forests (releasing CO2; destroying topsoil and species); to garbage dumps (releasing dioxins, PCBs, and heavy metals); to people (by waging nuclear, biological, chemical, and conventional war); and you have seen the future.
Envision a world utterly destroyed by a lethal education. Our economy is totally dependent on keeping up an illusion that the earths resources are infinite. Modern day economics will not withstand the scrutiny of the Scientific Method. For more on this subject check out
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Way back in the year of 2017
The sun was growing hotter
And oil was way beyond its peak
When crazy Hector Johnson broke into a refinery
And the black gold started flowing
Just like Boston tea
It was the summer of the riots
And London sat in sweltering heat
And the gangs of Mini Coopers
Took the battle to the streets
But when the creed was handed down
For no more trucks and no more cars
They threw cans of petrol through the windows at Scotland Yard
Will be free, will be free
Will be free, will be free
When the Mounties stormed the palace of the Saudi family
They held them up for ransom
Without disturbing their high tea
But their getaway was shaky
They stalled in the Riyadh streets
Cause you can't make it very far
When your tank is on empty
The final can of gasoline was loaded on a truck
And driven through the streets of Agra to the palace aquaduct
You see, all the majesty of worship that once adorned these fatal halls
Was just a target to the angry
As they blew up the Taj Mahal
Will be free, will be free
will be free, will be free
Gary ran a market way down in Tennessee
Where all the farmers got together and talked about this great country
But when the government turned its back on farming
Man, what I hear
They dragged the pumps out of the ground
With a big vintage John Deere
I've got soldiers on my payroll
Standing guard on my front drive
Snipers on the roof poised at those
Who don't want me alive
Cause they audited my taxes
My family under threat
Cause I've got a message and a megaphone
And I'll scream it to the death
Will be free, will be free
Will be free, will be free
You got the farms in Argentina
Making fuel from sugar cane
You got the bastards in Washington
Afraid of popping the greed vain
Cause the money's in the pipeline
And pipeline's running dry
And we'll be the last to recognize
Where there's shit there's always flies
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Just when you think you can't be tricked. The little girl on the left was lip syncing for The Olympic opening ceremony. The little girl on the right is the actual face that goes with the voice you may have heard if you are not boycotting the Olympics (I am). For the whole story check out the following link.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
If you have ever wondered if there were certain "mens clubs" that were similar to "womens mysteries", Look up Bohemian Grove.
I tried to post a direct link through Wikipedia and it will not work, so you will have to look it up on your own. You will see this picture.
It is not hard to understand that a "New World Order" has and is being planned for us. Here is the link that I posted that will not work. But...if you search Bohemian Grove you will find it no matter how it has been concealed.
Monday, August 11, 2008
An Akron Ohio hospital recently made news by deciding not to hire smokers. It is doubtful that doctors and nurses could be more influential than the famous Marlboro Man. But heath care professionals would seem to be hypocrites if they remain addicted to tobacco when it is clearly the leading cause of death in this country. It is certainly an idea who's time has finally come! I have lost many family members to this addiction. I myself have suffered the habit for over 27 years. After watching my mother die a very painful death from lung cancer, I quit for several years. I quit over 4 times that I can count gaining 20 pounds each attempt. Many of my friends have quit but started up again in order to lose the weight they had gained! It is easy to see how both my mother and my Grandmother were sucked in by the glamorous people in the ads. The Marlboro man was very compelling in his youth. He was not so charismatic on his deathbed.
Perhaps we should not trust the media to treat us any way except consumers. And because there are laws protecting the companies that produce these poisonous products, we should not wait for our government to do the right thing. If you don't smoke, don't start. If you smoke, please quit. It is perhaps the most politically correct thing you can do while there is still time.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Now we have the first (hopefully last) casualties from the Summer Games according to Yahoo News and NPR. The US Mens Volleyball coaches relatives have been violently attacked, stabbed; one is dead, the other serioulsy injured. The Chinese man immediately jumped from The Drum Tower (A 13th Century building) committing suicide. The ancient Drum Tower is pictured right in this photo. The other tower pictured is The Bell tower. Click the link for full story.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
If you still are on the fence about Boycotting the Summer Games then consider the following story. Just click on the whole link.
or this YouTube
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
It is doubtful that there could be a better reason for boycotting Beijing Summer Olympics than the persecution of the Falun Gong. The photos of the organ harvesting are too gruesome to publish on this blog.
China has always had the policy to harvest the organs from prisoners. It is just that Falun Gong practitioners do not smoke or drink which makes their organs more valuable.
If you find yourself disbelieving the stories from the families of the Falun Gong then consider that our own media has captured images of all the dogs and cats that were collected from the streets and then slaughtered in preparation for the 2008 games.
To see more art check out the link embedded in the artwork. Or try this link